The primary purpose of the National Police Academy (NPA) is to prepare leaders for the Indian Police, who will lead/command the force with courage, uprightness, dedication and a strong sense of service to the people.
The National Police Academy (NPA), trains officers of the Indian Police Service, who have been selected through an All India based Civil Services Examination. The trained officers will be posted as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in their respective states under whom the other sub-ranks of police force will be working.
The recruitment of sub-ranks such as Constables,Sub-Inspectors, Deputy Superintendents of Police is be done by respective state Director Generals of Police. The IPS cadre is controlled by the Home Ministry of the Government of India and the officer of this service can only be appointed removed by an order of the President of India.
Apart from the Basic Training Course for IPS officers the Academy also conducts
- 3 In-service Management Development Programmes for officers of SP, DIG and IG levels of the Indian Police Service;
- Training of Trainers' Courses for the trainers of various police training institutions in the country;
- IPS Induction Training Course for State Police Service Officers; and
- Short specialised thematic Courses, Seminars and Workshops on professional subjects for all levels of police officers.
Foreign police officers and other officers belonging to Army/IAS/IFS/Judiciary, Public Sector Undertakings, Nationalised Banks, Insurance Companies etc. also attend various specialised courses conducted here from time to time.
The Academy is affiliated to Osmania University for conducting courses on police subjects for IPS officers.
National Police Academy (NPA) is located in Hyderabad, and is spread over 275 acres of land.
* 20 Kms from Begumpet Air Port
* 14 Kms from Nampally Railway Station
* 10 Kms from Central Bus Station.
SVP National Police Academy,
Andra Pradesh, 500 052
Sh Dr. G.S. Rajagopal, Director
Sh. Santosh Macherla, Jt. Director
Dr. A K Saxena Prof.(T.M)
Sh Milind Kanaskar, Dy.Director(BC)
Dr. Darvesh Saheb, Dy.Director(Admin)
Sh G H P Raju, AD
Sh Anupam S. Singh, AD
Sh N Venugopal, AD
Ms. Bala Naga Devi, AD
Ms Satwant Atwal, AD
Sh Ajay Kumar Nand, AD(OD)
Sh Abhishek Trivedi, AD
Sh Shirish Jain, AD
Sh Senthilnathan K, CDI
Section Contact Details