Mass Rapid Transport System (MRTS) Metro Rail in Hyderabad
Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) has been exploring the viability and suitability of various efficient, economical and environment friendly mass transit systems for the Hyderabad city travel needs.
METRO RAIL (MRTS) IN HYDERABAD – PHASE – I
3 busy traffic corridors ( 66 .39km ) selected for phase I.
Miyapur – L.B.Nagar : 29.87 kms ; 27 Stns
Jubilee Bus Station – Falaknuma : 14.78 kms ; 16 Stns
Habsiguda – Shilparamam : 21.74kms; 20 Stns
Total : 66.39 Kms
Project likely to cost Rs. 8,482 Crore ( US $ 2.12 b)
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE METRO RAIL PROJECT (MRTS)
1. An elevated metro rail, with two lines (up and down lines) on a deck erected on pillars generally in the central median of the road, without obstructing the road traffic;
2. Standard gauge (1435 mm);
3. Stations located at an average interval of 1km – elevated stations with
passenger access through staircases, escalators & lifts;
4. Adequate parking space and circulating areas to be provided (mostly on Govt.
lands) for multi modal integration at the stations;
5. Frequency of 3 to 5 minutes during peak hours;
6. The system is expected to carry about 1.57 million passengers per day by 2011
and 2.57 million by 2021
7. Rails to be continuously welded to minimize noise levels;
8. Power supply through 3rd rail bottom collection (750 v DC);
9. Coaches air-conditioned with automatic door-closures and many safety features;
10. Signaling system ensures safety and specified speeds through Automatic Train
Control (ATC), Automatic Train Protection (ATP) and Automatic Train Operation (ATO);
11. Telecommunication facilities to be state of the art, facilitating continuous
communication between Central Control, train drivers and station masters.
Metro Rail (MRTS) routes in Hyderabad.